Loan Service Specialist
SCU is seeking a Loan Service Specialist to join our team.
VP of Consumer & Mortgage Lending
Under the direction of the VP of Consumer & Mortgage Lending, performs clerical functions as required by the department and assists with member service. It is the primary function of the Loan Service Specialist to focus on revenue generating activities in support of all strategic areas, and to be cognizant and support the financial sustainability and profitability of the Credit Union.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs data entry of new loans, mortgages and equities into the core system, all related clerical functions, document review of the executed closing documents by the attorney, HMDA data capture, and reporting.
- Ensures that all municipal taxes on real estate loans have been received and paid to appropriate municipality quarterly, and semi-annually.
- Reviews new loans for accuracy.
- Processes mortgage, and equity payoffs internally and externally.
- Learn all product sales, operational procedures, and clerical functions within the Lending Department to serve as a back-up.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
6 months to one year of experience in supporting the Loan Department of a credit union or financial institution.
Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities. Detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Able to establish and maintain effective employee and member relations. Resourceful, dependable, and detail oriented. Ability to exercise good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operated computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer workstation for periods of time; speaks and listens to members and explains credit union services.
The above information on this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.