JOB STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: VP of Lending Originations
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of the VP of Lending Originations, performs a variety of duties relating to the underwriting of mortgages and ensures compliance with all lending regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Underwrites all mortgage/equity loans originated by mortgage loan originators.
2. Prepares all related disclosures ensuring compliance compliance with regulations.
3. Works with settlement agents to prepare closings.
4. Various reporting.
5. As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
6. Acts as a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the SAFE Act, fulfilling all requirements to maintain an active federal registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
7. Originates mortgage and equity loan applications in the absence of Loan Originators.
8. Performs various duties as assigned.
Education: College or university associates degree or high school graduate with related business or technical training.
Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in a credit union, financial institution or finance company.
Skills: Skilled in the use of computers and other office equipment. Ability to do detailed work. Ability to communicate effectively with members of the credit union.
Traits: Capacity to work well with others; ability to exercise sound judgment, dependability, initiative.
Physical Demands: Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; moves around bank, between levels or floors while performing