Loan Clerk – Processor
SCU is seeking a Loan Clerk – Processor to join our team.
VP of Consumer & Residential Lending
Under the direction of the VP of Consumer & Mortgage Lending, performs clerical functions as required by the department and assists with member service. It is the primary function of the Loan Clerk – Processor to focus on revenue generating activities in support of all strategic areas, and to be cognizant and support the financial sustainability and profitability of the Credit Union.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes all Mortgage, and Equity applications from initial disclosures, loan estimate, appraisal management, tax transcripts, verification of employment, and additional documentation to complete a file for approval.
- If necessary will communicate directly with member, and/or vendor to request missing documents.
- Interview loan applicants in-person or by phone.
- Pays invoices for appraiser, PMI and flood determinations.
- Processes mortgage, and equity payoffs.
- Assists Loan Clerk #1 to perform data entry of new mortgages and related clerical functions.
- Assists Loan Clerk #1 that all municipal taxes on real estate loans have been received and paid to appropriate municipality.
- Assists with annual escrow analysis.
- Manages HMDA reporting.
- Prepares commitment letters for members and initial closing instructions for attorneys.
- Prepares closing packages for approved mortgage files.
- Cross-train for back-up coverage for all duties of Loan Clerk #1.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Expected to be educated on all products, operational procedures, and clerical functions within the Lending Center to serve as a back-up at any time.
- Performs courier service to the Main Office.
- Promptly answer all phone inquiries within the first three rings.
- Performs various duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
6 months to one year of experience in supporting the Loan Department of a credit union or financial institution.
Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities. Detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Able to establish and maintain effective employee and member relations. Resourceful, dependable, and detail oriented. Ability to exercise good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer work station for periods of time; speaks and listens to members and explains credit union services.
The above information on this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.