Loan Servicing Specialist
SCU is seeking a Loan Servicing Specialist to join our team.
Loan Servicing Manager
Under the direction of the Loan Servicing Manager, performs a variety of duties relating to loan servicing and compliance with all lending regulations. Responsible for the control of late and/or delinquent accounts. Optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interests of the Credit Union. It is the primary function of the Loan Servicing and Compliance Specialist to focus on revenue generating activities in support of all strategic areas, and to be cognizant and support the financial sustainability and profitability of the Credit Union.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates directly with members to perform loan maintenance, payment adjustments, member service resolutions, insurance claims, and escrow servicing inquiries.
- Monitor accounts for late and/or delinquency status. Contact delinquent members by telephone and mail to determine the reason for delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts current while maintaining accurate records.
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiates collection action, including repossession of vehicles and Right to Cure Notices and legal letters.
- Takes appropriate action on bankruptcy filings.
- Responds to Credit Bureau dispute verifications.
- Manages HMDA reporting monthly using the Encompass origination system, to ensure accuracy.
- Preforms QC reviews on all executed mortgage closing documents and on new Consumer Loans for accuracy.
- Processes annual escrow analysis.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly department reports as required.
- Performs teller work as needed, payments, transfers, adjustments, etc.
- In the absence of the Loan Servicing Manager, is responsible for overseeing the department.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products, services, and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
College or university associates degree or high school graduate with related business or technical training.
1 to 2 to years of experience in a credit union, financial institution or finance company.
Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities. Detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. Skilled in the use of computers and other office equipment.
Able to establish and maintain effective employee and member relations. Resourceful, dependable, and detail oriented. Ability to exercise good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operated computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer workstation for periods of time; speaks and listens to members and explains credit union services.
The above information on this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply
- Email your cover letter, resume and completed application to Maria Garcia-Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes can also be dropped off at any of our locations to her attention.
- Click here to download our employment application.
- Mail all documents to the address on the application.