Southbridge Credit Union (SCU) has been serving its communities for 80 years and when we say, “We’ve got you”, we truly mean it!
We strive to provide our members, employees and communities with the best experience possible and financial solutions they need. With over $180M in assets, SCU continues to grow its membership of over 12,000. Watch our video below to see what we mean when we say, “We’ve got you”.
Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
SCU is seeking an energetic, highly proactive Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who’ll help drive the financial activities of the credit union while keeping the best interest of the members, employees and communities we serve. This role also serves as the Compliance Officer and Information Security Officer in which s/he will coordinate and manage all compliance and IT functions. The CFO is a key member of the executive leadership team and will report to the President/CEO.
Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer
Chief Executive Officer/President
Director of Operations, Director of Accounting and HR Operations
Under the direction of the CEO/President, coordinates and manages directly and through subordinates the financial activities of the credit union. In the role of Compliance Officer, coordinates and manages all compliance functions. In the role of Information Security Officer, coordinates and manages all IT functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the financial activities of the credit union within generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Monitors and reports on the financial progress of the credit union.
- Prepares annual projected budget and monitors actual results to budget on a monthly basis. Presents findings to the Board of Directors. Ensures early detection of unexpected trends and recommends corrective action.
- Administers asset/liability program. Assists in suggestions for corrective action/enhancements.
- In conjunction with the CEO/President, the Investment Committee, and brokers, administers all investment activity to include compliance with policies and management of portfolios.
- Coordinates audits and exams and serves as an information resource with the Audit Committee, auditing firms and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for compliance with the provisions as set forth by the NCUA, MA Division of Banks, and the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- Manages the relationship with the outsourced IT (Information Technology) provider, leads the IT Steering Committee and acts as the ISO (Information Security Officer). The responsibilities of the ISO are monitoring security and staff security privileges, education of the staff in regards to information security training, reporting information security incidents and safeguarding member information.
- Responsible for the Vendor Management Program.
- Serves on the Member Business Loan Committee.
- Acts as the Security Officer.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in finance.
3 to 5 years of related experience.
Analytical ability; ability to make decisions; ability to do detailed, routine work. Knowledge of accounting and accounting procedures. Skilled in the use of computers, terminals, and other computer devices.
Takes initiative, resourceful, creative, capacity for getting along well with others. Ability to exercise good judgment and make independent decisions. Ability to communicate at all levels, including regulatory authorities and the Board of Directors.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; moves around credit union between levels or floors while performing duties; sitting at desk or computer work station for periods of time.