Southbridge Credit Union is looking for professional, personable, talented individuals to join our team! Below is a listing of positions currently available. To apply, email us your resume, or download and complete our Application for Employment.
Financial Service Specialist
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, assists in all duties and responsibilities relative to the administration and operation of a branch office. Ensures that member services are provided effectively and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains high standard of member service and goodwill.
- Performs a variety of activities in regard to member services, including opening and set up of new accounts for data processing.
- Conducts consumer loan interviews, prepares all loan documentation, conducts loan closings and funds disbursements. Provides daily reconciliation of new loans processed.
- Aggressively promotes and sells CUNA Mutual Group’s Payment Protection Products to SCU members, using skills learned through the Lender Development Program.
- Cross-sells credit union services which are of benefit to the member. Provides financial information to members with respect to savings and loan programs.
- Captures check images and transmits balanced deposits to Eascorp.
- Operates a teller window as necessary, including the receipt and processing of all member transactions.
- Manages telephone inquiries/requests.
- Performs teller cash audits monthly.
- Provides back-up to the receptionist.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
1 to 2 years of experience in the customer service and operations area of a credit union, financial institution or related retail facility.
Ability to work well with figures and to perform detailed work. Ability to communicate effectively with members of the credit union. Skilled in the use of general office machines and data processing equipment.
Capacity to work well with associates and members. Personable nature, initiative, dependability, patience and resourcefulness. Ability to use good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer work station for periods of time; speaks and listens to members and explains credit union services.