There are no career openings at this time. Please check back later.
Director of Marketing and Community Outreach
SCU is seeking a Director of Marketing and Community Outreach to join our team.
Staff participating at community events, others as assigned
Under the direction of President/CEO, broadens the member base by promoting credit union products and services. In collaboration with the CEO recommends marketing strategy, develops annual marketing goals, objectives and campaigns, events calendar, assist in product/service development, and plans and coordinates credit union specific events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, preparation, implementation, and assessment of short and long-term marketing/business development/community plans and the annual marketing budget; creates, manages, monitors budget to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Collaborates with department supervisors to gather input, ideas, and data for marketing materials, marketing initiatives, and promotions; coordinates, monitors, schedules, tracks and executes all projects according to organizational strategy and priorities.
- As the primary liaison with the credit union’s marketing vendors, directs all advertising promotions, campaigns, and programs.
- Manages marketing vendor relationships, ensuring the credit union’s best interests are met in regard to cost, efficiency, and overall effectiveness.
- Provides monthly training to retail staff on current promotions and delivery methods.
- Represents the credit union in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local/professional organizations.
- As an ambassador of the credit union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
College or university associates degree or high school graduate with related business or technical training.
2-3 years of related experience in a credit union, financial institution or retail business.
Skill set includes project management, data analysis, assessment and evaluation, written and oral communication, conflict resolution, social media development and literacy, organization, planning, scheduling, staff development, and supervisory skills. Demonstrated abilities in member relations, communication, presentations, strategic planning, and supervision. PC proficient including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Social Media, and Relevant. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with different levels of employees, executive-level management, professional contacts, members, community leaders, and vendors. Dependability, creative thinker, problem solver.
Travel may be required with advanced notice; must hold a clear and valid driver’s license. Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer terminal; sitting at desk or computer workstation for periods of time; standing during presentations for periods of time; walks around credit union location in performance of job duties; speaks and listens to members/vendors and explains credit union services/marketing concepts. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
The above information on this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply
- Email your cover letter, resume and completed application to Maria Garcia-Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes can also be dropped off at any of our locations to her attention.
- Click here to download our employment application.
- Mail all documents to the address on the application.