Consumer Lending Coordinator
SCU is seeking a Consumer Lending Coordinator to join our team.
VP of Consumer & Mortgage Lending
Under the direction of the VP of Consumer & Mortgage Lending, is responsible for the Direct Loan program, Indirect Loan program, the Student Lending program, and Centralized Consumer Underwriting It is the primary function of the Consumer Lending Coordinator to focus on revenue generating activities in support of all strategic areas, and to be cognizant and support the financial sustainability and profitability of the Credit Union.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads Centralized Underwriting program with approval authority to decision direct consumer loan applications for the retail branch network.
- Oversees the Indirect Lending program with approval authority to decision auto loan applications for the Indirect Auto Solutions program.
- Oversees the Student Lending program with approval authority to decision applications for the LendKey Student loan participation program.
- Consistently monitor the Consumer Loan queue, Indirect Auto queue, LendKey queue to promptly decision loan applications.
- Provides training, and takes applications when needed to support all credit union consumer loan originators.
- Assist with establishing and growing the Indirect Lending program.
- Oversee the funding of the indirect auto loans to the dealers.
- Review loan closing packages for completion and follow up as needed.
- Create reports for tracking indirect loans by dealers, delinquency, etc.
- Oversees vehicle title tracking using Electronic Lien Titling and Excel.
- Recommends process improvements, policy, and product enhancements.
- Balances accounting GL’s for UCC, VSI, GAP for management month end reporting.
- Prepares all relevant month end reports for the Credit Union pertaining to the overall production of consumer lending products.
- Performs Quality Control on direct and indirect consumer lending.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Participation in external community functions is expected to gain Credit Union and individual exposure in the local community.
- Expected to be educated on all product, operational procedures, and clerical functions within the Lending Center to serve as a back-up at any time.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
At least 2 years’ experience underwriting consumer loans, which includes reviewing credit reports, calculating ratios, approving loans, etc.
Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities. Detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. General knowledge on applying managerial techniques to gain a preferred outcome.
Able to establish and maintain effective employee and member relations. Resourceful, dependable, and detail oriented. Ability to exercise good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal and/or related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer work station for periods of time.
The above information on this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.