SCU is seeking a Universal Banker to join our team.
Under the direction of the Branch Manager, assists in all duties and responsibilities relative to the administration and operation of a branch office. Ensures that member services are provided effectively and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains high standard of member service and goodwill.
- Performs a variety of activities regarding member services, including opening and set up of new accounts for data processing.
- Conducts consumer loan interviews, prepares all loan documentation, conducts loan closings, and funds disbursements. Provides daily reconciliation of new loans processed.
- Aggressively promotes and sells CUNA Mutual Group’s Payment Protection Products to SCU members, using skills learned through the Lender Development Program.
- Cross-sells credit union services which are of benefit to the member. Provides financial information to members with respect to savings and loan programs.
- Captures check images and transmits balanced deposits to Synergent E-desk.
- Operates a teller window as necessary, including the receipt and processing of all member transactions.
- Manages telephone inquiries/requests.
- Performs teller cash audits monthly.
- Provides back-up to receptionist.
- As an ambassador of the Credit Union, is knowledgeable of all products and services and promotes them whenever possible.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent.
1 to 2 years of experience in the customer service and operations area of a credit union, financial institution, or related retail facility.
Ability to work well with figures and to perform detailed work. Ability to communicate effectively with members of the credit union. Skilled in the use of general office machines and data processing equipment.
Capacity to work well with associates and members. Personable nature, initiative, dependability, patience, and resourcefulness. Ability to use good judgment.
Hand dexterity required to operate computer terminal related equipment; eye coordination required to operate computer/teller terminal; sitting at desk or computer workstation for periods of time; speaks and listens to members and explains credit union services.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How To Apply
- Email your cover letter, resume and completed application to Maria Garcia-Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes can also be dropped off at any of our locations to her attention.
- Click here to download our employment application.
- Mail all documents to the address on the application.