Our support includes:
- Lead Donor to the Harrington Memorial Hospital Capital Campaign
- Lead Donor to the Southbridge Public Library Capital Campaign
- Lead Donor to the Tri-Community Area YMCA Capital Campaign
- Sponsor and Host of the Annual Year-End Holidays Kids Coloring Contest
Each of those community-based institutions serves very sizable numbers of area residents and workers. Our support also extends to area veterans organizations.
Financial education represents a central focus of our ongoing efforts in community citizenship. For our members, we:
- Sponsor the Southbridge High School Branch, which, as a functioning entity within the public school system, offers professional level, direct learning opportunities for students.
- Award each year to several area graduating high school seniors scholarships toward college tuition and funds for vocational-technical career tools.
- Write, bi-monthly, a household-oriented financial information column in the Southbridge Evening News and other newspapers published by Stonebridge Press.
Since 1993 we underwrite, through the Community Champions Fund and its predecessor Neighborhood Fund, $1,000 cash awards to each of four nonprofit grassroots organizations delivering assistance where it can make constructive differences in the lives of individuals and families. We are proud that this effort has been recognized with the Credit Union League of Massachusetts’ Statewide Award for Social Responsibility.
Further, in the pivotal matter of member communications, we are equally proud to have won, from the Credit Union League of Massachusetts, the Statewide Award for Excellence in Member Education Communications, for our quarterly member newsletter, entitled “You.”
SCU is also pleased to support the Literacy Volunteers of South Central Massachusetts where they are committed to providing free literacy assistance and enrichment, primarily through volunteers, for adult residents of South Central Massachusetts. Volunteers provide individualized, one-on-one tutoring at no cost. To learn more about Literacy Volunteers, visit www.lvscm.org.
Community Donations Fund
SCU’s Community Donations Fund is a continuing program designed to add to the quality of life in south central Massachusetts. The Community Donations Fund began in 2003 as the Community Champions Fund, with the retirement of the Neighborhood Fund, through which SCU aided 41 local nonprofit agencies and organizations. National credit union officials believe that this form of community support is the first of its kind in the nation.
The Community Donations Fund is one of a variety of community outreach and education activities conducted by the Southbridge Credit Union.
Below is a list of recipients of our Community Donations Fund.
- ASPIRA of Massachusetts, Inc.
- Auburn Chamber of Commerce
- Auburn Little League
- Auburn Police Association
- Bay Path Education Foundation
- Bay Path Vocational Technical High School
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- Cedar Lake Association
- Center of Hope Foundation, Inc.
- Chamber of Central MA South
- Charlton/Dudley Youth Football and Cheer
- Charlton REAS Foundation
- Community Food Collaborative
- Dudley Charlton Education Foundation
- Dudley Little League
- Dudley Police Department
- Family Health Center of Worcester
- Festival of Giving Trees
- Gateway Players Theatre
- GFWC, Auburn Juniors Woman’s Club, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity Operation Playhouse
- Harrington Hospital
- Here Today Adopted Tomorrow
- Hitchcock Free Academy
- Holland Elementary School
- Iglesia El Mesias
- Living in Freedom Together (LIFT)
- Mom’s Squad
- Nichols College Empowering Women in Business Conference
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Our Bight Future, Inc.
- Opacum Land Trust
- Second Chance Animal Shelter
- Shepherd Hill Regional High School Music Program
- Southbridge Business Partnership
- Southbridge Cops-n-Kids
- Southbridge High School
- Southbridge Professional Firefighters Local 2194
- Southbridge Softball Association
- Sturbridge Lions Club
- Southbridge Little League
- Sturbridge Little League
- Tantasqua Education Foundation
- Tantasqua Music Association
- Telegram & Gazette Newspapers in Education
- The American Legion
- The Light of the Tri-Community
- Tri-Community YMCA
- Trinity Catholic Academy
- United Way of Southbridge, Sturbridge and Charlton
- Venture Community Services
- Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC)
If interested in a sponsorship by or to request a donation from Southbridge Credit Union, please complete the following form. We ask that your request be submitted six weeks in advance for consideration. Completion of this form does not guarantee that SCU will be able to fulfill your request.