How to set up Google Pay in 1, 2, 3.
- Download the Google Pay app on to your smartphone.
- Snap a picture of your SCU debit card to add it to Google Pay or if you already have a card in your Google account, you can add it to Google Pay by confirming a few details. PLEASE NOTE: When adding your card by photo capture, be sure to verify the information pulled (card number, name, address, phone), and updated manually if incorrect.
- Unlock your phone and tap to use Google Pay at any location that accepts contactless payments.
Google Pay is a fast, simple way to pay online or make contactless payments with your phone. Your payment info is protected with multiple layers of security so you can pay with peace of mind – all the time.
- In the Google Pay app on your device, touch the + sign to add a credit or debit card.
- Position the credit or debit card in the camera frame to automatically enter the card information.
- Enter the security code found on your card and provide additional information as required.
- Accept the terms of service and set your screen to lock. (Activating Device Administrator is part of the Google Pay setup process.)
- If requested, follow any additional steps to verify your card.
Yes. When you use Google Pay, your credit or debit card number isn’t stored on your phone or given to the merchant. A unique digital code is created specifically for that device. You still enjoy all the benefits of your credit or debit card.
Pay here. Pay there. Pay anywhere. Google Pay is accepted at more places than you think. Millions, in fact. Featured stores include McDonald’s, Target, Walgreens and so many more. Use Google Pay to make contactless payments wherever you see these symbols:
Yes, however, you will need to connect every so often to refresh the app. This will help to ensure that Google Pay is ready for when you are ready to use is.
Adding your credit or debit cards to Google Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
If your Android phone is lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Administrator to lock it remotely, create a new password, and wipe your personal information from it. We also recommend that you notify your mobile carrier and promptly call the customer service number on the back of their card. You should mention that you’ve added your card to Google Pay, so that we can disable the card. If you find your Android phone, you will need to add your card information back to Google Pay before making any Google Pay purchases.
Yes. When you pay using Google Pay, you’ll continue to get the rewards, benefits and security that your credit or debit card provides. Simply hold your phone to the contactless reader before you pay. For more information, please visit Google.com.
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.